This website shows you how to use Japan Rail Pass. But some of visitors have a plan to buy a single ticket. Even Japan Rail Pass user need to pay a single fare when they want to save the pass. So I would like to share the useful links and the information with you.
This website has a great database. This is the complete guide about JR’s rule. But as you see this website, JR fare rule is so difficult to understand for the tourists from overseas. It is so complicated for even a travel agent in Japan to understand this rule completely.
I show you other simple fare tables below. But these fare tables show you a simple round trip or one way trip only. If you need to calculate for multi-city itinerary, you need to understand JR rules. Otherwise you cannot get an exact fare.
This is the easiest way to get the fare. I show you how to use this website at other post. Please refer Japan Railways’s timetables
You can find a single fare and surcharge for the following trains:
- Tokaido and Sanyo Shinaksen
- Tohoku Shinkansen
- Joetsu Shinkansen
- Nagano Shinakansen
- Akita Shinkansen
- Yamagata Shinaksen
- Narita Express
- Odoriko/Super View Odoriko
- Super Azusa/Azusa/Kaiji
- Super Hitachi/Hitachi
This website offer you the fare table of Tokaido and Sanyo Shinkansen.
You may also like these posts:
- Guide to plan your trip. How to find Japan Railway’s timetables
- Compare many discount tickets and passes for sightseeing Tokyo. How to choose the right tickets?
- Tokyo station guide. How to change the trains, Shinkansen, Narita Express and other local trains.
- Access to Izu and Atami from Tokyo/Yokohama. Limited Express Odoriko / Super View Odoriko
- How to choose Rail Pass for trip in Kyushu. Many choices for both visitors and residents in Japan.