On Feb 5, 2011, the first Hayabusa was on sale. But the first Hayabusa train to Shin-Aomori from Tokyo was sold out in ONLY 40 seconds!!! The fisrt Hayabusa from Shin-Aomori to Tokyo was sold out in one hour and 30 minutes. I don’t talk about only Gran Class, but any class on Hayabusa. I expected it would be popular. But this is more than what I expected.
I tried to access online site, and check the possibility for the booking of Hayabusa. I made it. Yes, we can.
If you want to book online, access to JR East Shinkanse reservation. You have to be a member. You need to have a credit card to guarantee the booking (not for payment).
I read most of the major Japanese news paper. They said Hayabusa was sold out on Mar 5, 2011. But I could book it. I could make a reservation for even Gran Class. I did not click “Submit” on the last page. So I don’t know that the reservation would be completed or not.
Anyway you can make a reservation before you depart from your country. If you want to take Hayabusa, I strongly recommend to book in advance.
You may also like these posts:
- More chance to get Gran Class on Tohoku Shinkansen on Nov 19, 2011
- Tohoku Shinkansen Hayabusa timetable released
- Alternatives of Overnight train Cassiopeia and Hokutosei, in case that you cannot make a reservation.
- The newest and fastest train! Tohoku Shinkansen “Hayabusa”
- Tips for taking Gran Class of Tohoku Shinkansen Hayabusa